Welcome to Bury Council’s Online Mapping
Important. Please read and understand the terms and conditions below before proceeding.
Terms and conditions of use for our online
Online Maps, is owned and operated by the Council who remains the owner of it at all times. It is subject to copyright protection. No unauthorised use must be made of the data.
Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on this web site, represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the "National Datasets") and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by the Council (the "Authority Datasets") associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer.
Your use of this mapping facility on the Website indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using this mapping facility as by continuing to do so you will be agreeing to be bound by them.
The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
1. The National and/or Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout the website is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and the Council
2. A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
3. You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
4. You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust, manipulate or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this Website.
5. Save as permitted by paragraph 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of this website is not permitted without our prior written consent.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
7. You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on the website.
8. We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on this website.
9. We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on this website is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on this website are provided "as is", and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of the website.
Highway Adoption Layers
Please note that the map is a diagrammatic representation of the Highways Register and should not be used to determine the exact limits of adoption.
The actual written Highways Register may be viewed at the address below between the office hours of 9.00am and 3.00pm Monday to Friday.
Public Rights of Way
The public rights of way map layer has been produced to assist you in your visits to the countryside. IT IS NOT A LEGAL RECORD. For other purposes you should consult the legal record of public rights of way (the Definitive Map), which can be viewed at the address below between the office hours of 9.00am and 3.00pm Monday to Friday.
3 Knowsley Place